Indian Head Massage is an Ayurvedic treatment that works on the muscular tissues of the scalp, neck, shoulders, upper back, arms and face. These areas hold much of the stress we accumulate in day to day living. Some symptoms are tension in the scalp, neck and shoulders with heaviness, tightness, muscle fatigue, headaches and migraine.
Indian Head Massage is excellent for treating both physical and mental ailments:
- By relaxing muscle and nerve fibres, it relieves tension, pain and fatigue.
- It increases oxygen supply to the brain, aiding clarity of thought and concentration and relieving mental strain.
- It stimulates endorphin release, helping natural pain relief and increasing feelings of well-being.
- The sympathetic nervous system is calmed, slowing the heart rate and reducing stress.
- The parasympathetic nervous system is stimulated, helping one to relax and promoting restful sleep.
45 Minutes €45